Satiety Weight Management Small Dog
Formulated for weight loss in small dogs (less than 10kg), Satiety Support Weight Management Small Dog is designed to help reduce hunger. This diet is especially formulated to support the specific dental and urinary needs of small dogs.
Recommended for (indications):
- - Overweight/obesity: Weight loss and weight maintenance after weight loss
- - Diabetes mellitus with overweight/obesity
- - Hyperlipidaemia with overweight/obesity)
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- - Pregnancy, lactation and growth
- - Conditions where a high fibre content is not recommended (eg: chronic constipation or severe arthritis making defaecation difficult).
- - Chronic diseases requiring an increased energy intake.
Prior to prescribing, individual target weight should be determined. The energy allowance (kcal) per kg target body weight is based on the dog’s body condition score (BCS) however this is only an initial indication. The amount of food necessary to induce weight loss can vary between individual dogs. This is why close monitoring by your veterinarian is required to regularly update the food quanitity ration and ensure continued weight loss. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.